Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How tighten Troy-built two stage thrower - storm 2840 chute

Customer Question

How tighten Troy-built two stage thrower - storm 2840 chute directional control cables? Directional chute control does not move Shute from side to side.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model and serial number from the tag on the frame so that I can better assist you?

Unfortunately the cables do not control the side to side movement of the chute, there is a rod that runs from the upper handle down to a gearbox assembly that controls the side to side movement. If it is not moving side to side then most likely the gearbox is stripped and will need to be replaced, Troybilt doesn't offer individual repair parts for the gearbox you have to replace it as an assembly. The cables only control the up and down directional on the chute.