Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Generac NP-40g generator. When starting the engine

Customer Question

I have a Generac NP-40g generator. When starting the engine it runs for 4-8 seconds, and shuts down. I have already replaced the oil pressure sensor but I am still encountering the problem.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not inspected the fuel supply leading from the tank to the carb./engine this needs done.if there is an issue with a restriction with the fuel system this will cause this here including any debris in the fuel tank.I have seen fuel issues cause this here.I have also seen where the carb. may need removed and cleaned to correct an issue like this here as well.I would have this all checked to see if the fault can be located and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete