Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Hank. My name is ***** ***** Dutton. My brother has a 7.5 kw

Customer Question

Hi Hank. My name is ***** ***** Dutton. My brother has a 7.5 kw quicksilver gen. It cranks, starts but stops again before it even gets up to speed. The emergency stop wire has been disconected and it is the same. I am thinking maybe there is something wrong in the circuit board. He has manual put power on the respective wires and he can keep the gen running it also produces the correct voltage. What do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If we power the spark and fuel pump externally then crank, gen will operate normally. but connected at it should be it will only start and run for a moment, doesnt even reach correct speed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted an answer to your question here and in some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have this info may not be online.

This may be a fault with the circuit board itself if it has an internal electrical fault.This will have to be tested further by an experienced repair center for this model to see if this is the case here and replaced if found at fault.If you want to wait for someone else here to try and help more on this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete