Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I purchase my new Husqavara 38inch riding mower back in

Customer Question

I purchase my new Husqavara 38inch riding mower back in 2012. It's been doing great until last November. When going up a slight incline it stalls. Not the engine it's fine, but will not move. After moving the gear (hydrostatic) handle back and forth it tries to creep but fail to go up the incline. Took it in to have looked at and was told transmission was bad so they replaced. Cost me $1000. Took it out for first time this past weekend and having same problem. It does fine on level ground but the slightest incline is stops. I am taking it back in this afternoon to see what is casing the problem. Apparently, it wasn't the transmission. What else could it possibly be? Please advise.
Please reply at***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The first thing that I would look at is the transmission drive belt from the engine back to the transmission. If it hasn't been replaced it is most likely stretched out and slipping which would cause your problem especially when on an incline or put under a load like that. The belt itself may look fine but could be stretched out just enough that it allows for it to slip when you put the machine in a pull or go up an incline.