Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My toro 826 OE snowblower will not start. When I first tried

Customer Question

My toro 826 OE snowblower will not start. When I first tried to start it, it fired up and ran for a bit then stopped. Now it wont fire any more. Any thoughts as to why it my do this? I took most of the old gas out today and put fresh gas in, but did not keep running.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It sounds like you either still have some old fuel in the carburetor or the carburetor jets are stopped up not allowing enough fuel to pass through them in order to keep the engine running. What happens if you spray some carburetor cleaner directly into the throat of the carburetor, will it continue to run? Or try priming it about ten to twelve times and see if it will continue to run.