Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have 17kw generac. I replaced with new battery it ran days

Customer Question

I have 17kw generac. I replaced with new battery it ran for 4 days and now the battery is dead again. I took the battery back and they said isit is not the battery. What can the problen be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just will not start up after 4 days. The battery loese it charge.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Make and model of the generator? It likely has a battery charger that has failed and is not charging the battery. Generac usually puts it next to the generator control assembly. It has to be wired to house current , so it charges when generator is not on. Do you have the owners, manual, it will show the charger.