Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** ***** and I inherited an old Gravely

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** and I inherited an old Gravely Convertible 7.6 from my dad. I think it is around a 1972 to 1974 Model. It has an electric starter and I need a starter sprocket for it. The last time it was used it flew off and they couldn't find it. My husband wants to get it out of storage and use it to clear some land but it hasn't been used in years. My question is, where can I get parts for it and possibly a parts list.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm looking for parts for a 1972-1974 Gravely Convertible 7.6.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Starter is part of the engine package. Do you know what engine model is?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Look like this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine Type: 4-cycle air cooled; Horsepower 7.6; Starter - Electric; Bore & Stroke 3.25 x 3.50; 29.0 cu. in; 3000 rpm; Got all of this info from the operator's manual
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see the link, it is for the 7.6 and shows the starter parts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know nothing about the starter but my husband says that it is #22 on the Parts List. Do you know where to find parts for sale?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Curtis, are you still there????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked on the pdf link and it looks like the right parts list for the starter but I still need to know where to find the part. Can you tell me a place to look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm giving up. If you have an answer for me you can E-Mail me at***@******.***. I can't hold on any longer. Thank you for your help. I would really like a parts list for the whole engine if you have one. I know the carburetor needs cleaned and probably a new chain. Still need to know where to find parts. Help!!!!!!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Which part do you need? The small sprocket on the starter/generator?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I work from home and wife called supper!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Here is sprocket on Ebay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Curtis. You have been great. I have to make a bathroom call.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

!! Thanks!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Please accept and rate to close.