Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have replaced the auger belt on my TroyBilt 13045 snow

Customer Question

I have replaced the auger belt on my TroyBilt 13045 snow thrower, but I am having trouble getting the auger cable back onto the nylon pulley .I cannot seem to get my fingers underneath .... it seems to me that I should be able to hook it up with out separating the entire auger assembly from the engine (as I did when replacing the belt) is there a trick here?.. Should I hook up the Z clip first and then try to get the cable back on the pulley or is it easier to run the cable over the pulley first and then hook the Z end into the little hole?
thanks a lot
Robert Kazary
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I would hook up the z clip first and then pull the cable around the pulley. You should be able to do this fairly easily. When putting the cable around the pulley it is best if you manually pull the idler bracket over against the belt which will allow for some slack in the cable and you can slide the cable around the pulley.