Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I recently bought a 13kva power generator which has a two

Customer Question

I recently bought a 13kva power generator which has a two cylinder 22 HP Vanguard V twin Briggs and Stratton engine. The generator doesn't start until a small drop of gasoline is poured into the carburetor. pls can you help out ?.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Will your engine continue to run, after you start it up, using the small drop of gas? If so, check to make sure your choke is fully closing, as you are choking your carburetor. If your engine does not continue to run, check to see if you are getting a steady flow of gas from your fuel tank, to your carburetor. If you are getting gas to your carburetor, then our problem is very likely carburetor related.

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!