Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an 7HGJAB-900A out of a 2002 Allegra. It keeps going

Customer Question

I have an 7HGJAB-900A out of a 2002 Allegra. It keeps going thru brushes and the last set only last about an hour of run time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The generator starts fine intil you let off the start button then it dies. I'm guessing this is a safety mode. They are telling me the bearings are out of it. It has less than 400 hours on it with regular maintenance. Is there a certified repair onoa shop in Kansas I need to go to?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for requesting me!

Sorry for the delay, but I have been under the weather and have not been online in a few days.

It is possible for you to change the bearings yourself, if you are mechanically inclined, but it is a major job.

If you are not very mechanically adept, or do not have the capabilities of removing the genset and tearing it down, it might be best to take it to a shop.

You can find your nearest authorized Onan dealer by going to http://power.cummins.com/sales-service-locator

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any further questions?