Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I drained the oil and gas from my toro snowblower last

Customer Question

I drained the oil and gas from my toro snowblower last spring. When I put oil in this winter I put in way too much. The engine wouldn't start at first but finally did. Oil was pouring out of a tube at the back of the blower. When I tried to put the clutch in the engine would die. I now have the oil at the correct level and the blower starts very easily but still the engine dies when I put the clutch in. Did all the oil cause the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

No, oil did not cause the problem. Remove spark plug wire, and see if you can turn the blower auger and fan shaft. And check the drive belts. I think you have something stuck in the auger or belts/

Did you find the problem?