Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I drained the oil and gas from my toro snowblower last

Customer Question

I drained the oil and gas from my toro snowblower last spring. When I put oil in this winter I put in way too much. The engine wouldn't start at first but finally did. Oil was pouring out of a tube at the back of the blower. When I tried to put the clutch in the engine would die. I now have the oil at the correct level and the blower starts very easily but still the engine dies when I put the clutch in. Did all the oil cause the problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No, oil did not cause the problem. Remove spark plug wire, and see if you can turn the blower auger and fan shaft. And check the drive belts. I think you have something stuck in the auger or belts/

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find the problem?