Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a deere x 300 that had a dead battery so I put the

Customer Question

hi I have a john deere x 300 that had a dead battery so I put the charger on it and it started just fine. The next day it had a dead battery again so I pushed it into the garage and put the charger on it after awhile I found out that the battery was dead bad so I bought a new battery in Still would not start so I found that I did not have spark so I bought two new coils and plugs still no spark after install. The tractor will only run if the kill wires are off the coils but the pto for the mower blades will not turn. I have read that it could be safety switches or ecu but I don't see the ecu.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What is the brand, and the model numbers for your engine?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Try disconnecting the kill wire from only one of your coils, then start your engine up again. Check to see if both coil wire create a spark, if you only disconnect one kill wire. Thanks!