Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I am trying to remove the that is connected to the blower

Customer Question

I am trying to remove the nut that is connected to the blower fan on the bottom of the blower.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to replace the coil on the blower, and the only way to acces it is by removing the motor from the case
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. Remove your spark plug, and insert about 12 inches of soft rope, into your spark plug hole. The rope will serve as a piston stop, to prevent your crankshaft from rotating, as you are attempting to loosen the nut.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Make sure your piston is about mid-ways down inside your cylinder, prior to inserting your rope. A piece of pull rope from a lawnmower, or trimmer, etc. will work well for this purpose.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks!