Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Onan 4000. 110vot starts when holding start swhich stops

Customer Question

Onan 4000. 110vot starts when holding start swhich stops when I let ITGO.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any wiring issues on the generator itself to see if there are any loose or damaged or corroded electrical connections or wiring issues causing this fault here.If a fault is found with the wiring or wiring connections the fault will need to be corrected to resolve this issue.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete