Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Ariens Pro-Track Sno-Thro Snow Blower 28" - 420cc

Customer Question

I have an Ariens Pro-Track Sno-Thro Snow Blower 28" - 420cc (926042) and yesterday the auger bar came out of the flange housing on one side ( hit something) and trying to get it back in place and thinking of removing the rollpins and siding the assembly out to put the bar back into both flanges. Does that make sense and how do I remove the rollpins if my suggestion is correct? Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, you can try removing the three bolts holding the bushing on and try prying the shaft forward enough to slide bushing back onto shaft and then re bolting to the auger housing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried it and not enough movement to get it around bushing. Seems as if the solution is to remove the bolts holding both flanges and remove the Rollpins on the shaft to take out the whole housing

There's more to it then that. You will need to split the frame and then remove the auger belt and pulley. Then remove bolts from both flanges and pull the impeller and auger assembly out as one