JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

My name is ***** *****, and the issue I'm having is that i

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, and the issue I'm having is that i have a fairly new 26' troy-bilt, it won't start. I thought it was stale gas as I use it last year but forgot to empty. I started it up this year and it worked for a little while but it stopped, and now wont start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think the carburetor may need to be cleaned. I removed the old gas and added new gas, I checked the carburetor bowl, it seems clear but there was some residue at the bottom of it.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the just answer wants 18/mon - I don't mind paying 18 for the assistance but 18/month is not something I need.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

It does sound like you have sucked something into the carburetor jet which is keeping the machine from running or running properly now. I would suggest a thorough cleaning of the carburetor jets. Can you tell me what engine you have on this machine?

As for the monthly subscription they are asking about, if you don't feel that you would use the services then I would not sign up for a monthly subscription. If you just want to one time help we can continue here, just know that you will receive offers from them asking if you want to sign up for a subscription. Some people do subscribe which allows them to ask as many questions as they need or want to over the course of the month for one fee rather than pay for each question separately.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The engine is a 208cc overhead valve

This sounds like the Troybilt produced engine. The main jet for the carburetor is up inside the carburetor stem on this one. Once you remove the carburetor bowl, go up inside the stem where the bolt threads into that holds the bowl on you will find the jet and fuel nozzle. They both can be removed with a slim flat tip screwdriver, just be careful to not damage the threads that are inside the stem. Once you get them out thoroughly clean the small holes in them and reinstall, this should take care of your problem.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you. If you need additional assistance feel free to continue our conversation.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.