JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Snow blower not starting
, troybilt 2410, old gas and

Customer Question

Customer: snow blower not starting
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: troybilt 2410 , old gas and oil left from a year ago. i filled more gas on top.. seems like i did a big mistake
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
tried adding $18, but it did not work
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you tried spraying a little bit of carburetor cleaner or fuel directly into the throat of the carburetor? You can at least tell by doing this if the machine is getting fuel through the carburetor. If it fires and tries to run then you know that you are not getting fuel through the carburetor and it will have to be cleaned in order to get the machine back up and running. Sometimes if you can keep it running for a little bit and get the engine warm then it will go ahead and run with the old fuel, it's just that the old fuel doesn't burn as well or at all in a cold engine.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My cell **********

I am calling you now. I will see if I can help you over the phone.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.