Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Vince. I want to change the on my ariens 1024 pro snow

Customer Question

Hi Vince. I want to change the carburetor on my ariens 1024 pro snow blower. OHSK 100 engine. There isn't enough clearance to get a torx wrench in the bolts. Are there nuts on the back side to remove this carb?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Do you have the rest of the model number? OHSK-?????. Most of the engines have an intake elbow, that carb bolts to, you can remove the elbow at the head, and leave carburetor bolted on the end.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is an ohsk 100 engine. 10 hp Tecumseh ohv engine. Right now I don't have any other numbers. The carburetor blocks the heads of the torx bolts holding it to the engine. There is less than 1/2" clearance. No room even for "L" torx wrench.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Even if it does have an elbow, I still need to remove the carb from the elbow.

You will have it in hand, and can use other tools, locking pliers, etc, to remove the bolts.