Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Generac 04992 40Kw LP starts rough then stops within a few

Customer Question

Generac 04992 40Kw LP starts rough then stops within a few seconds. LP line to engine looks OK and tank is full. What do I need to check out?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the carb. itself being gummed up needing cleaned or a restriction in the fuel filter (if equipped).This sounds like a fuel issue here and the fuel system needs checked/tested to pinpoint the cause then from there it can be repaired for this issue here.This should be done by a certified LP repair center that is familiar working with LP.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete