Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My craftman snowblower electric starter make a odd buzz and

Customer Question

Customer: HI ***** ***** my craftman snowblower electric starter make a odd buzz and does not start the blower the pull cord is almost impossible to pull
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure I can not start my craftman snowblower I\the pull cord is very tght and the electric starter makes a god awefull buzz noise
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

It's the motor , if the oil smells like gas and it won't turn over with the spark plug out then your motor is locked up due to gas continuing to flow when the float is closed , the gas gets past the needle and inlet valve and mixes with the oil and locks the engine up