Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a yANMAR cUB cADET sc 2400. Some safety Interlock

Customer Question

Customer: I have a yANMAR cUB cADET sc 2400. Some safety Interlock seems to be stuck and it is dead. Any idea where to look for and how many interlocks there are?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just dead with respect to the starter. Lights up, doesn't run. Tried bypassing the starter with a jumper battery without success
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Need the long model number! It will have seat switch, neutral switch on transmission and neutral on hydrostat pedal, and pto switch. Do you have at least 12.5 volts at battery? Does the glow plug show to come on? You tried to jump starter and got nothing? May have battery or cable problem, if no voltage at starter.