Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Toro Power Clear 219 R snowblower. It has started

Customer Question

I have a Toro Power Clear 219 R snowblower. It has started each season very faithfully. This year it won't start. Put fresh gas ib, but will not start. Any ideas? Thanks.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What happens if you spray carburetor cleaner or a little bit of fuel directly into the throat of the carburetor?

Can you tell me what engine you have on this machine?

I did a little bit of searching and it looks like this model machine primarily had a Toro engine on it that was made by Briggs. The carburetor is basically the same thing as what the Lawnboy machines used since 1996, it is a plastic bodied carburetor and fairly simple in build. You may need to take the carburetor off and thoroughly clean the bowl and jets.