Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

We have a home standby Generac generator that runs on

Customer Question

Hi, we have a home standby Generac generator that runs on propane. We have looked for any kind of model information but can't find it stamped anywhere. The generator cranks and tries to fire but won't start. It will start and run sometimes but at other times just won't start at all. Any ideas?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model has an inline fuel filter in some cases the fuel filter can become restricted and cause this issue here needing replaced and can be common.I would have the fuel system tested by an authorized LP service facility to see if any fuel issues are found needing corrected for this fault here.If any issues are found they will need repaired for this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete