Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 5500/8250 Strom Responder. I cannot get it to run.

Customer Question

I have a 5500/8250 Strom Responder. I cannot get it to run. acts like it's not getting fuel. If i manual prime the carb it will run for a second. the fuel line from the tank to the carb runs freely . any sugestions ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you haven't already done so you are going to need to clean the main jets for the carburetor, it sounds like they are stopped up and not allowing fuel to flow through the carburetor in order to run. The bowl nut that holds the carburetor bowl on has three holes in it, these holes serve as the main jets for the carburetor if they are stopped up or partially blocked the engine will not run properly or at all.