Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I can't get it to start. There is a red wire exposed that

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I can't get it to start. There is a red wire exposed that may be the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The wire is on the right side and looks like it needs to be connected somewhere. I don't have an electric start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you. What type of engine are you trying to start? Snowblower?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Gasoline 8 horsepower snowblower separate gas and oil compartments
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for this information. Did your engine run satisfactorily at the end of last snow season? Did you have gas left inside your fuel tank, from last season? These are only troubleshooting questions.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, it didn't run the only time I tried. There wasn't any gas in it.
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Do you have any carburetor cleaner in a can?

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

If not, remove your spark plug, and pour about a teaspoon of gas into your spark plug hole. Re-insert your spark plug, then try starting your engine again. Let's see if your engine will start up and run briefly.