JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 724 OE Snowblower i bought new in 2015. When I move

Customer Question

I have a 724 OE Snowblower i bought new in 2015. When I move the throttle down past the half way position the engine shuts off. It does not seem to have as much power as last year so I am questioning whether the throttle in the fast position is at the maximum setting. How do I adjust this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

I would recommend cleaning the carburetor jets before I started making any kind of adjustments. Since you say the engine dies when moved below half throttle it sounds like you aren't getting enough fuel through the idle circuit to keep the engine running which could also affect the high speed or full throttle run.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, the blower was serviced professionally this fall they cleaned the carburetor. I was hoping it was just a simple adjustment I could make in lieu of borrowing a trailer and hauling it back to the dealer.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You could adjust the governor spring tension to increase rpm on the engine but it is not going to help your engine stalling at half throttle or less. I think that the jet is still partially stopped up which is causing your stalling problem and will also create issues with full throttle running.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about doing that? If that does not work I am just gonna take it back.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

There is a little tag or linkage that can be bent to increase tension on the governor spring however on this machine you will need to remove the fuel tank to get to it in order to make any adjustment. You will be able to identify it easily, it will have the governor spring attached to it.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.