Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Electric ezgo will not go. Batteries seem charged but no

Customer Question

Customer: electric ezgo will not go. Batteries seem charged but no lights or power
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just purchased the cart and the owner said the batteries did not charge overnight that I should use a battery charger on each battery until the charger would take over and I did that but now I have no power anywhere on the cart. no light etc. There was a big spark when I connected the charger the first set of batteries but nothing after that. Seems like a fuse is blown but they all look good to me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Willing to wait. not in a rush. I am old and patience is earned.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happened? I am waiting. Not interested in paying if no response. Is this a gimmiclk? did I waste my money?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Year model? Control type? Do you have a voltmeter to test the unit? Do you have power to the key switch? Should have battery voltage. On PDS models, the power comes from a reed switch built into the cart port of the cart.