Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

How do I check the coil of a Tecumseh 7hp engine? engine

Customer Question

How do I check the coil of a Tecumseh 7hp engine for spark? engine model H70 130216J
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Did you clean the contact on your new points prior to installing them? Sometimes new points will have a film on the contacts that need to be cleaned off before use. I can assume that you set the gap to the proper specs.

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Double check to make sure you do not have a wire that is shorting out. If your points and condensor is installed correctly, and you do not have a wire shorting out, then you may have a faulty ignition coil. We can continue from here. Thanks!

Expert:  Donald replied 10 months ago.

Let's make sure your spark tester is working properly. Attach your tester to a working engine, to see if it indicates spark. Also, remove the kill wire from your coil, then check for spark again. If you have a Multimeter, you can test your coil.