Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman 13" thickness planer modelthat I can no

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman 13" thickness planer model###-##-####that I can no longer raise or lower the cutting heads. The crank does not turn. The last time I was able to use it, it worked fine then after a month of not using it it was frozen. Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron..........that fine saw dust will just eat up a tool.......it could very well be why it seized on you ............have you ever cleaned and greased the elevation screws?.......also would you have an air compressor to blow it out ?

thanks

eddie

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I blew it out, disassembled some of the shafts and gears without success. My plan is to contact Sears and find a repair shop. Thanks for the suggestions.
Expert:  eddie22Island replied 11 months ago.

still no good huh ?...........well I hope you can get it going it is an expensive and invaluable tool