Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Hour meter on 2012 Cheetah quit working, display is bright

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Hour meter on 2012 Scag Cheetah quit working, display is bright and clear but does not change.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I ran it for about an hour but never changed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: What's a bit?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If hour meter is lit up, and not running, The meter is bad. All you can do is replace the hourmeter or add a separate one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's not a matter of something being disconnected or a broken wire somewhere?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

No, on mower, it just runs when key is on. It is not controlled by an oil pressure switch, like a big diesel engine.