Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere d105 not started in a while... fuel getting all the

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****... john deere d105 not started in a while... fuel getting all the way to carburetor bowl. I can only run it with constant starting fluid. Suspect fuel not getting to engine but pump/carburetor seem fine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Engine will run fine on starting fluid... but will die as soon as no more is sprayed into the air intake
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Carburetor has electric solenoid in the base of it. Is this solenoid opening as soon as the key is turned on? It plugs the main jet in the carburetor, and has to be open and stay open as long as the key is on.

# ***** in diagram.