Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** *****.
, I have a Masport Lawn Mower

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Masport Lawn Mower with a Briggs and Stratton 675 ex 190cc engine on it. I have changed the air filter, installed a new plug, put in fresh fuel and fuel cleaner/conditioner and changed the oil. I put in the 1 litre bottle of oil which was in the kit. The oil level is over the full mark but not by to much I think. The engine runs for about 2 mins and then it starts to go back to idle and then it hunts and cant seem to get up to full speed again. eventually the engine stops. Any clues?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Standing by.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Is this a new, out of the box, mower?

Sounds like the fuel from the tank is restricted to the carburetor. If you remove the line at the carburetor, do you have a good flow of fuel?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
About 10 months old.

So has it been used in the last 10 months? Or has it been sitting?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has been used about every 2nd weekend over that time. I use only premium unleaded. The issue has been happening over the last few runs and has gotten progressively worse.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have to go out to the shed to check the fuel line. Do you want me to do that?

Can you remove the float bowl on the carburetor and check it for water and see if the float and needle valve are letting fuel flow in to fill the bowl?

I will be here all evening, so you can take as long as you like.

I doubt it has a fuel filter, just a strainer in the tank.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks. Im sending it to a local repairer. Getting a bit much for me now. Im in a wheelchair and am very restricted on what I can do.
Thanks anyway.

Thank you for the opportunity!

please rate to close.