Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My name is ***** ***** and I have a Generac GP 56500 unit I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** and I have a Generac GP 56500 unit I was wondering if it can be converted to an electric start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a pull start I just wanted to make it easier with an electric starter
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant GP 6500 unit
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Most likely it can be converted but the first things you need to look at are the side of the engine block to see if it is drilled and tapped to accept the starter and the flywheel to see if it already has a ring gear on it. If either one of these two things are not present then it can be rather expensive to convert since you will have to either drill and tap the block in order to mount the starter or you will have to replace the flywheel with one that has a ring gear on it or you may even have to do both depending on your machine.