Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

4000 watt Genset in desert fox will run -8 minutes then

Customer Question

4000 watt Genset in desert fox will run for 6-8 minutes then turns off. After that, it will only run 15-20 seconds before shutting off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Is this a gravity feed fuel system or does it have a fuel pump on it? My thoughts are that you are running out of fuel in the carburetor. When first started especially on a gravity feed system you have enough fuel in the carburetor to run for about 10-15 minutes normally then you will run out of fuel and you aren't getting enough fuel fast enough to keep the machine running. If you wait a little while then you will be able to start and run it again for the 10 minutes or until it runs out of fuel in the carburetor bowl again. I would check you fuel delivery to make certain that you are getting a good fuel supply to the carburetor. It could also be the float or float valve in the carburetor sticking causing the problem.