Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a &S 040303B. It will start and run few seconds then

Customer Question

I have a B&S 040303B. It will start and run for a few seconds then shut down. I checked for power at the gen breaker with it running, 0 vac.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure there are no fuel issues with a lack of fuel to the generator like a fault with a restricted fuel filter or damaged/kinked fuel line needing corrected to resolve this here.If a fault is found with any of these then the fault will need corrected to resolve this issue here.Check for any damaged or broken wiring leading to or at the generator as well.If any wiring issues are found the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this fault.

If these were or are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete, I don't think it would be fair for me to rate your service as I feel that Just Answer is less than honest in the way they operate. The web site stated I would be billed $5 to ask a question followed by $13 after my issue was resolved. I was billed $18 for making an initial statement. Days later, without any response, I was asked for another $30 to get an answer.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for any charges as that isnt my department here.If you want I can open up your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.I will pass this issue along to customer service as well.

Thanks Pete