Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 1990 EZGO electric golf cart its model is the

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1990 EZGO electric golf cart its model is the marathon. It runs fine, until the accelerator is pressed all the way to the floor, it then cuts out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its got new batteries, and all the cables are tightened good. It accelerates fine as long as I don't press it all the way down.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like a bad throttle sensor. It is the potentiomer on the foot pedal.

see it heee.

Here is link t one on Ebay. There are others, but this would likely be the problem, it has to give a graduated increase signal to the controller as you press pedal.