Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a cgtp3000 powrback generator. i cant get it run. im

Customer Question

i have a cgtp3000 powrback generator. i cant get it run. im getting a light blue spark. ive cahanged the carb and ignition coil plus cleaned off the contact on the fly wheel. still not running. every ten or so pulls it will run for about ten seconds then shut down. frustrated
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have fuel flow to the carburetor from the fuel tank?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a lack of fuel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Come on man! I didn't pay 27 bucks for child like answers . This is a real problem
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Fuel is not going through the carburetor, it is new.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

That means the fuel from tank to carburetor is inadequate.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have full flow to carb????

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wouldn't you think that would be the first thing IDE check. Your obviously not a mechanic. I talked to a real pro and found out the valves were out of adjustment. Nothing to do with fuel or carb which already knew. You were asking me beginner mech. Questions wasting my time. I'm surprised you didn't ask me if I put fuel in the gas tank, lol
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I have been mechanic for 50 + years, Thank you, valve adjustment will not make it die! Good luck with it! I will opt out, and let an experienced tech help.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks though. Valves were out off. I adjusted them to .004 on each valve and now it runs like a sewing machine. The last guy Curtis was an idiot telling me adjusting the valves wouldn't help . All he wanted to know was if I had gas flow to the carb. If IDE hadn't checked that yet and asked for help I shouldn't be working on small engines . Curtis is a simpleton and wasted my time
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I wanted to make certain. I am going to have your question closed out. Thanks