Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Were the perking saber 4 cyl engines ,,Perkins Model

Customer Question

were the perking saber 4 cyl engines ,,Perkins Model 1104C-44TA made in china ,,also are there ant common faults with these engines , what hp were these engines and can the pump and turbo be up graded to increase horsepower ?
Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Perkins has been making this engine for quite sometime and have a good track record. No repetitive problems known. As far as upping the horsepower, it would have to be aftermarket, and any change of larger turbo and upped fuel will shorten the life of the engine. As a TA, it has already been boosted as far as Perkins feels it is safe ad still give good service. There are marine performance experts that will boost it, but for horsepower increase, be prepared to pay for it! What engines do you have now?