Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have an electric Poulan chain saw (modl#: PLN3516F). I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Dave ***** *****. I have an electric Poulan chain saw (modl#: PLN3516F). I have ued the saw only 2-3 times. The last time I used the saw I was cutting a branch of Palo Verde when the saw got bound up. It took me several attempts to free the saw blade. When I tried to re-start the saw nothing would happen, just as if the power was off. I checked the power cord and it was plugged in properly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took the saw blade off to look for any obvious damage but was unable to see anything that looked like a problem. I re-mounted the saw blade and titened the slack and tried again but no help.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, go ahead.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer have you tried loosening the chain to make sure the chain and sprocket aren't lodged by wood etc at the sprocket ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have already replied to the above question. What is next ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John, Are you there ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John, are you there ?

Will the sprocket turn by hand ? With it unplugged ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't get to the chain saw at this time. If that is required I don't want to proceed with htis call and would like a refund on my $18.00 credit card charge.

Dave, looking at your saw there is no fuses or breakers . The other thing to check is to make sure the safety brake is fully display engaged , you may want to lock and unlock it a few times to make sure it's fully disengaged

You have to request a phone call and there was no notification of you requesting one . To get a refund you will have to contact customer service as we do not handle any account or financial matters

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't want to request a phone call and get charged another $18.00. Please have some one call me at 520-387-864
immediately.
Dave Henry
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am very displeased wth the service and would appreciate a refund. I really haven't received any useful help. Thanks for ypour understanding.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It looks like my phone # ***** get enteed properly. My phone # *****(###) ###-####Dave Henry

I'm sorry your unhappy with the service Dave . Being this saw has no breakers or fuses there's not much else to check with a electric saw . You checked the chain and sprocket bit besides a internal part failing that safety brake / lock switch could be not making contact which would not allow power to the say

Saw

I'm looking for a number for you to the customer service , you may be able to email them directly from your account on just answer .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I guess we just don't have enough info to proceed, but I thank you for trying to troubleshoot the problem.
However, this form of help just doesn't work for me. It is just too slow. I would rather talk to someone over the phone but I am not willing to pay $18.00 to get started with the initial request for help and then have to pay an additional $18.00 to proceed over the phone when there is some complication. That is a $36.00 charge with no guarantee the problem will be identified let alone fixed.

My goal is to help you resolve the problem and to make sure your satisfied with just answer and myself as a technician . I will call you within the next on my own to try to help you trouble shoot what it could be

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for looking for a # ***** customer service but I found a prompt to contact customer service but the reasons for contacting customer service is very limited and they still don't provide an actual phone # ***** cntact someone in customer service. This is just not very customer friendly.

Dave , can I call you soon as I get he this evening ? It will be around 745 eastern time ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You have already made a couple of suggestions for me to look into but I just don't have the time for it right now.
If you want to make some additional comments feel free to do so. Thanks again. ***** couldn't help you more.Dave

It's ok we can pick up on it when you get a chance to look at it just reply then

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 10 months ago.

Hi were you able to remove the starter ?