Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a simplicity side by side by battery keeps going dead

Customer Question

I have a simplicity side by side by battery keeps going dead also the battery is under the drivers seat which means that I have to take the seat off to get to the battery
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me a little more about your problem? How long can you use the machine before the battery goes dead? Does it happen overnight? Does it work for a day or two and then go dead? Have you taken the battery in and had it load tested? How old is this battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.The Machine will run till it run out of fluid if I don't turn it off.2. No just a few hours.3. Yes I have and bought new batteries 4. new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that something is drawing off the battery, but I don,t know how to find or check that.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the charging system is not working properly in order to keep the battery charged up and operational. What engine does this machine have in it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a 18hp briggs and stratton
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a volt meter? We can do some charging system test but it will require a volt meter and access to the engine and electrical wiring.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You will also need to be able to start the engine and run it at full throttle in order to do the test on the charging system. So it will either have to be in neutral or the drive wheels off the ground so that it doesn't try to move on you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go now but will get back to you
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Just come back here and we can continue at your convenience. Thanks