Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an onan micro quiet m/n 3.6KYFA26120L with 400 hours

Customer Question

I have an onan micro quiet m/n 3.6KYFA26120L with 400 hours on it. I bought it new in 2006. I'm starting to get oil in the air filter
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

400 hours is really not many for one of these machines. There are a couple things that you can check that would cause this. If the engine is overfilled with oil it can cause it, if the carburetor is leaking fuel into the crankcase it would cause it, if the crankcase breather reed plate is bad it would cause it. The first two are easy to check, the crankcase reed plate is a bit harder to check. It is normally built into the valve cover on these machines. I would check these possibilities.