Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a Generac generator in my RV circa 2005. It as 422

Customer Question

I have a Generac generator in my RV circa 2005. It as 422 hrs on the hour meter. It ran fine on my last trip until yesterday. It shutdown for no apparent reason. Sounds like a normal shutdown (loss of fuel)It restarts and takes an electrical load and then shuts down in about 5 minutes. I never let fuel get to 1/4 tank as I know I would starve the generator for fuel.
A few months ago I had an issue that went away. It concerned not being able to shut down the generator. It would begin to shutdown but would then pick back up and continue to run. Tried the remote switch & the local switch on the generator with the same results. The problem went away and never recurred. Are both issues related to the fuel rack solenoid? Is the solenoid energized at all times when running and de-energized to shut down?
If that doesn't sound like my issue, what could it be?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Model 004270-2 Quietpact 75D
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure the oil level is o.k. in it.I know there are some models that if the engine oil level becomes low this will cause this issue here.If low on oil top it off and then re check the operation.If this is all o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete