Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I am trying to start my snow thrower first time this year, I

Customer Question

I am trying to start my snow thrower for the first time this year, I put fresh fuel in. I prime the engine pull the rope and it starts for 2-3 seconds and stops, I have the same response whether I choke the engine or not.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Fuel is not going thru the carburetor. Do you have fuel flowing at the carburetor, if you remove the fuel line? When did you last run the engine? Was the fuel treated with a sabilizer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How would I check the fuel line. The last time it ran was last spring we I ran it dry for storage did not use stableizer

Running it dry still leaves small amount of fuel in the carburetor bowl. Can you remove the bowl and see if the float is stuck? Is there fuel flowing into the bowl?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will check the carb. and get back to you

Bowl may have a drain screw on it, otherwise you will have to remove the center bolt.