Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

The motor ran out of oil and stop now can pull the recoil

Customer Question

Customer: the motor ran out of oil and stop now can pull the recoil rope
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cant start it it wont turn
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I noticed on top of the pump there is 2 hole and water came out of there, when motor was running and not
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Make and model? Application? If engine ran out of oil, it ma have internal damage. Is this gas engine? Remove spark plugs and see if engine will turn. Can you get a wrench on flywheel or crankshaft nut to see if it is seized?

sp170subaru 3000psi looks to be pressure washer. Engine is likely seized from lack of oil. Remove the recoil housing and get to the flywheel to see if enginecan be turned with wrench. If it can be moved, remove the spark plug and put oik in the cylinder and turn with wrench till it gets as free as it can. Then re-install the recoil /starter assembly , spin engine to clear the oil, then re-install the spark plug and see if it will start.