Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I need to know if I can change the run time exercise cycle

Customer Question

Hello...I am Faith. I need to know if I can change the run time for the exercise cycle on a Generac on demand generator
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  PLCUSTOMER-l74uf0ty- replied 1 year ago.

Hello Faith,

To properly answer this question, we will need to know the model number of the generator. However I am going to assume this generator has an evolution controller in it, since the generator is only running for 5 minutes during the exercise cycle. The installer or an authorized dealer have the ability to change the exercise time duration , as it is a hidden menu on the controller only accessible by these people. You will need to call an authorized generac dealer to accomplish this . It is perfectly normal for the generator to run for only 5 minutes as it will save on fuel consumption .