Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Never had this problem before

Customer Question

never had this problem before
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is John I will be assisting you.

Can you tell me more about your problem? There are no details provided so I don't know what your issue is at this point.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Chamberlain Whisper Quiet Door Opener, Model WD832KD. A couple days ago it opened up but when I went to shut it it moved 3-4 inches, reversed, and lights flashed. I checked sensors and both LEDs were lit up. I tried holding down the wall button, which should have allowed it to close completely, but it still closed a few inches and reversed with lights flashing. The LED on door opener is flashing 4 times indicating a sensor problem. Both leds in sensors are lit indicating they are aligned. I have the door disconnected from the opener so there is no binding of door. What do I try next?

According to the information in the owners manual for troubleshooting this problem, it indicates that you have a problem with the sensors. The lights will flash on the unit as well as the led will flash 4 times. Everything that I see tells you to check the alignment of the sensors and also double check to make certain that there is nothing in the way of the sensors that might cause a problem.

Based on what the troubleshooting flowchart gives for this problem.

You have a sensor that is slightly misaligned or an obstruction that is keeping the door from going down.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The door isn't even hooked to the track so there is no pressure against the opener. The track is free to travel. As far as the sensors...both sensors have their respective light on indicating they are aligned.

I am going to opt out of your question which will allow for one of the other experts to pick it up and comment if they have anything else to add.