Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Hds 5 blows fuse when i power it up?

Customer Question

hds 5 blows fuse when i power it up ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any shorts in the wiring at all this should be done.If any shorts or corroded wiring is found this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. or was already checked let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
For one thing a Lowrance hds 5 unit is not a small engine it is a fish finder and I have checked for shorts there is none probably should have talked to expert on depth finders thanks for your time
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize my info didnt help here and saw no one had responded so I thought I would see if I could help in any way.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete