Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

PHIL to PUT a SNOW blower ON mt MTD rider BUT the PTO lever

Customer Question

Customer: PHIL im TRYING to PUT a SNOW blower ON mt MTD rider BUT the PTO lever IS hitting THE pulley
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a MTD fast ATTACH TRACTER BOUGHT A SNOW BLOWER FOR IT THE PTO LEVER WHEN I TRY TO ENGAGE THE PTO IT HITS ONE OF THE IDLER PULLEYS CAN I HEAT IT UP AND BEND IT
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, can you supply the model numbers from tractor (under the seat) and the snow blower so I can look them up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tracter is a 13AK608G129 AND BLOWER IS190-823

If you still have the snow attachment manual the dia on page 7 shows a spring, is it connected?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but the pto lever hits the idler pulley mounted on the left side that sits outside on the bracket can I bend the pro lever up to clear it?

It is possible the bracket could have bent. The belt and pulleys should all be aligned and even. Have you replaced the belt recently?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The pulleys are all lined up I have a new belt the problem is the pro lever hits the outer left pulley it looks like it needs to be up higher to clear the pulley

Without seeing it it is difficult to pinpoint your problem. Is the new belt an OEM belt and same exact size?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the belt is correct I had ordered it from the shop

Bending it may solve your problem, but I am unsure without seeing it and will opt out. Good luck

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Bend it, it won't hurt a thing! As long as it will let the pto engage and disengage.