Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

PHIL to PUT a SNOW blower ON mt MTD rider BUT the PTO lever

Customer Question

Customer: PHIL im TRYING to PUT a SNOW blower ON mt MTD rider BUT the PTO lever IS hitting THE pulley
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a MTD fast ATTACH TRACTER BOUGHT A SNOW BLOWER FOR IT THE PTO LEVER WHEN I TRY TO ENGAGE THE PTO IT HITS ONE OF THE IDLER PULLEYS CAN I HEAT IT UP AND BEND IT
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you supply the model numbers from tractor (under the seat) and the snow blower so I can look them up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tracter is a 13AK608G129 AND BLOWER IS190-823
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

If you still have the snow attachment manual the dia on page 7 shows a spring, is it connected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but the pto lever hits the idler pulley mounted on the left side that sits outside on the bracket can I bend the pro lever up to clear it?
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

It is possible the bracket could have bent. The belt and pulleys should all be aligned and even. Have you replaced the belt recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pulleys are all lined up I have a new belt the problem is the pro lever hits the outer left pulley it looks like it needs to be up higher to clear the pulley
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Without seeing it it is difficult to pinpoint your problem. Is the new belt an OEM belt and same exact size?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the belt is correct I had ordered it from the shop
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Bending it may solve your problem, but I am unsure without seeing it and will opt out. Good luck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Bend it, it won't hurt a thing! As long as it will let the pto engage and disengage.