PLCUSTOMER-l74uf0ty-
PLCUSTOMER-l74uf0ty-,
77316860

My Generac Guardian generator control panel has a 15 amp

Customer Question

My Generac Guardian generator control panel has a 15 amp line fuse that keeps blowing intermittently or when the engine is attempting to turn on can you tell me why this is happening
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  PLCUSTOMER-l74uf0ty- replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Is the fuse located in the generator? it is, the fuse will keep blowing on start up due to a lack of voltage being supplied from the generator battery. Check your battery with a battery load tester or if you dont have one, bring the battery to a part store and have them test it. Next you will need to determine why the battery went bad? Test the battery charger, make sure it is functioning properly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 15 amp line fuse is located on the cotrol panel and is connected to the battery in line with the starter motor. Since the natural gas engine is turned over by the starter motor and does so occasionally, and the battery is brand new and robustly cranks the engine sometimes and the fuse doesn't blow all the time, I believe the problem may be corrosion in the connection at the panel switch or at the starter screw wire connector. Pls reevaluate your opinion. Keep in mind that this generator has been installed outdoors for the last 13 years kindly respond thank you

Bob ,

There is clearly resistance in the starting process causing higher amperages. A loose wire will cause this and possibly a seized starter. I . I would confirm that your battery charger is functioning properly, check all connections ; are they tight ? Is there corrosion, ? Please let me know how you make out .

Kyle

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since your last reply I went out and tried to start the generator again and once again the fuse blew even though I check there connections.i thendecided to turn off the valve leading from the natural gas pipe in the ground to the generator and turn it back on again and install the new fuse and once again tried to start it this time it started so now I'm wondering if the gas is coming in is it the right pressure to ignite and possibly if not is it blowing the fuse thank you for your reply