Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have an Onan generator that is throwing a code 14 when it

Customer Question

Customer: I have an Onan generator that is throwing a code 14 when it comes off load. Starts and runs fine until the dryer is switched off?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: series 7HGJAE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Small Engine Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

This can usually be remedied by adjusting the droop spring on the governor just a tiny bit. When you are taking the load off, the engine is speeding up because there is not quite enough tension on the droop spring.